Thursday, August 11, 2011

Here we go!

It still hasn't 'sunk in' yet, but I just learned that I'm pregnant! Although thrilled, I'm surprised by how fast it happened. Two months in and there's a seamonkey on board. :)

I haven't decided yet whether or not this blog will be shared, and probably it won't be. But I like the idea of keeping track of how I'm feeling (emotionally and physically), what I'm learning and what I'm thinking about. Maybe it'll make me a little less crazy, and hopefully keep the husband sane too. Methinks I share more with him than he really cares to know about already.

So, how am I feeling? Pretty good, so far! A little eager maybe for the fun stuff to start. I know I should be relishing this early bit of my pregnancy, but I can't wait for even just a few weeks down the road. Telling friends,  hearing seamonkey (SM for short from now on) and even experience the symptoms - signs that this is really happening. I'm also nervous about making it through the first trimester. Maybe because I've had friends with miscarriages, or because I work in a hospital. I'm ready to be in the clear.

It's funny how things are already turning out differently than I thought they would - or how I planned them to be in my head. (If I were a LIT teacher I might call out foreshadowing here) Even just telling the hub! I thought I'd come up with a cool way to tell him involving a calendar and dinner out. Turns out that just running out of the bathroom crying was all I could handle. Le sigh. This is gonna be crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment